How to Make More Money From Art
1) By Making sure Money is Welcome in the First Place.
2) By Making sure it’s Not dripping out because of Flaws in your Systems.
This marks the beginning of translating these Blog posts into videos for much easier and more fun ‘digestion’. Reading takes time, and some might prefer to consume video better, so here you go: (Below this video is the text used, plus some extra examples.)
Money has no conscious, it doesn’t care if you are a good person, or if you ‘work hard’, of if you are the best in what you create even.
It will only go to places where it’s invited, where it’s welcome, where the circumstances are created for it to go.
When you don’t have growth systems created, when perhaps all you’re doing is random, when all you’re doing online is kind of random, your growth will be average. You might feel you’re fighting an uphill battle.
You could get more Systematic, you could get serious about Growing Your Art Business. Money loves people who are serious about it, and are serious about getting money, and money will come to people who have the door open, which will mean that subconsciously you will need to Allow yourself to Make Money from your Art and Talents. And this often happens when you Put In The Work to Actually and Aimingly Create Systems to make Sure you Will make more money from your talents and skills. When it’s inevitable. If the Systems are faulty money drips out. It can be faulty on many levels.
I know there are a lot of Artists who Don’t Care about making money, they might be in school still, or their parents might be paying for stuff, or they have their husbands or wifes making sure the rent is paid for, or they might have side-jobs, yes. If you don’t care about money, your door is shut, money will go somewhere else where it’s more welcome.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could build, on the side, your Business, to make More Money, to create Higher Revenue each year so you can eventually be Total Free, be total self-employed? Self reliant? I think that’s the best thing in the world. Real Freedom is tightly related to that.
And then there are other Artists, selling their work via Galleries, yes, that’s great too, still I recommend everybody to start building your Business and start Growing your List of Contacts faster. It won’t grow fast by doing it organicly, or random. Now’s the time to make use of Email, Social and Global possibilities. We don’t know if the circumstances are similarly great in a few years from now. Today it’s more easy than ever before to Grow Fast. Instead of having 100, 900, 2000 people on your contact list, that’s not enough to make a sustainable Art Business for yourself. (in most cases) An average website is not enough either. And you can never rely on 1 source of Income, never! Galleries can’t give you security or autonomy. I think they never can. They are just other businesses, you can ‘do business with’ but you can never ‘be dependent’ on them. Never, it’s just not smart. Not safe either. You need to stay in Direct contact with your customer preferably. If they make you choose, than choose the road to total freedom.
Let me educate you on how to improve this so you can make sure you’re building a solid foundation for More Money to Come in, for making you more self-reliant, more happy and more in control.
You are very much welcome in my Course, ‘Art Business Success’ which starts March 1st.
- Here are 3 simple examples of many artists creating obstacles for Money to actually come in:
– They might have No Shop Online.
– They might have a Shop that’s Not optimized to Convince a customer: bad design, bad navigation, on and on, sales killers.
– Some artists say ‘Inquiry via email’ How’s that for an obstacle for money to come in?
So you see it’s pretty easy to create a smoother More Welcome path for money to come to you easier. It’s also complex. You can start small. And see -after fixing- your results improve right away!
- If Money is blocked to come in –because of beliefs or different priorities, it won’t come in. And so I was broke for 15 years. After I changed my motives, after I changed my work-mentality, my work and study input, the subconscience set the door to money open because I ‘earned it’ or I ‘created the right circumstances’ for it (that’s what I mean with aiming/inevitable). More ways for it to be more welcome. So it is with goal setting. It makes the subconscience to ‘expect it’. And so there’s far better chance of reaching it. Well, we can talk on and on. I guess you understand it by now. Hope you liked it!